Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Photos: Murray wins in Rotterdam


Andy Murray defeated Rafael Nadal 6-3, 4-6, 6-0 in the final of the first 500-series ATP event - the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament at AHOY stadium in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal pose with their trophies in Rotterdam final.
Rafa suffered an injury to his right knee during the first game of the 2nd set. But he continued playing because he didn't want to let the fans down *cough* take note Serena Williams!

This is what Rafa had to say after the final (via ATP)

"I had a problem with the injury but I don't want to talk about that. Andy played very well today and he deserved to win the tournament. I am very happy with my performance this week. I came here without the best preparation after Australia, so it was a great result for me to get to the final here and I am very happy with that."
Continue reading for heaps more pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment