Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Photos: Emotional Mauresmo wins in Paris


Amelie Mauresmo beat Elena Dementieva 7-6(7), 2-6, 6-4 to take the Open GDF SUEZ title in Paris. This is Mauresmo's first title in 2 years... and I think it's safe to say: welcome back Amelie!

An emotional Amelie Mauresmo cries after winning Paris tournament
Amelie was quite emotional after the victory and broke into tears. Here's what she had to say (via WTA):

"I'm just happy it finally showed after a couple of years of struggling. During the last few months in practice I could see there were some great moments, but it was only showing in matches now and then. I didn't know when my consistency at this level was going to happen again, or if it would."

"When you look at the field and all the great players that were here in Paris, I'm very happy and very proud about this week."
Read more for the full pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment